Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Please Welcome our New Moderator!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The moderating team is extremely happy to welcome Jenny - Ponydreamer - to our group of mods. Our board has been very busy lately, and we really need the extra help. Jenny has been a member here for over 2 years and has 3026 posts. She has been a long time collector of American Girl Dolls.

    On a similar subject, we would like to thank Bonnie for all her years of moderating service. Bonnie has decided to step down from her moderating duties. She will continue to be a member of our board, but her girls are growing up, and she wants to spend more time with them. Thank you so much, Bonnie. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    Since we have many new members, all the moderators would like to introduce or re-introduce themselves on this thread.

    I'll start with myself. My name is Judi and my board name is judiaci. I was introduced to American Girl dolls by my niece and god-daughter about 8 years ago. I fell in love with the dolls and was thrilled when my daughter took an active interest in AG about 6 years ago. In addition to my 11 year old daughter, I have two sons - ages 15 and 20. I have been married 22 years and am in business with my husband.

    I joined this board initially during the height of the Felicity retirement hysteria. I was searching for information about Felcity and found it here. Since then, I have found many friends on this board. I love the diversity here. I also love having people to endlessly discuss dolls with.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on becoming a mod, Jenny!

  3. #3
    lovetheoldstuff
    Guest lovetheoldstuff's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you for taking on the moderator responsibilities Jenny!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been a member here since December of 2002, and I joined because I was so very frustrated and upset about all the AG retirements in the Felicity line. A friendly person that I met through an ebay transaction told me about SOAGC, our mother club, when I told her about my frustration. I was so thrilled to find this group of people!

    I am 54, and I've been drooling over AG dolls ever since I got my first catalog in the mail, sometime in the 80's, I imagine. I kept thinking that I might have a daughter and could buy one for her, but that never happened. Then Josefina came out, and that was the last straw. It gradually dawned on me that if grown men could have toy trains and play with them, then certainly grown women can have and play with dolls! That Christmas I asked for Josefina, and it's been downhill ever since!

    The dolls cheer me up, and sometimes they help me with my housework. Sometimes I think that they gladden my inner child, and sometimes I think that they are the daughters that I never had, and sometimes they're just fun. I think that I have the most fun when I have time and energy to dress them up and post them for photo story albums. It's also so much fun to read about and see all of the things that all of you do with and for your dolls.

    I have been married for 30 years, and we have 2 sons, ages 25 and 21. One is studying to be a high school math teacher, and lives at home, and the other is a music major and would like to be a music teacher, and he is at a college 6 hrs away from home.

    I am a nurse, and my specialty has been homebirth, breastfeeding, parenting, and alternative medicine.

    I also grew up in Morocco, from age 5 to age 16, and I haven't been back since then, and I miss it VERY MUCH. Someday I hope to go back for a visit.

    Welcome, Jenny! I am so glad to have you join us!
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Joy

  5. #5
    Inactive Member jessicasturm's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2005
    Posts
    923
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome Jenny! Congrats! I can't wait to learn more about all the mods, I'm still fairly new here.

  6. #6
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    This seems like a good thing!
    Glad to have another mod!
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on becoming a mod, Jenny! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#00BFFF">?</font> <font color="#FFC0CB">~</font> <font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FF4500">Y</font><font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FFC0CB">~</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font> <font color="#FFC0CB">~</font> <font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FF4500">Y</font><font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FFC0CB">~</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] Welcome, Ponydreamer Jenny! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#00BFFF">?</font> <font color="#FFC0CB">~</font> <font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FF4500">Y</font><font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FFC0CB">~</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font> <font color="#FFC0CB">~</font> <font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FF4500">Y</font><font color="#FF0000">?</font><font color="#FFC0CB">~</font><font color="#00BFFF">?</font>

    The board's hopping these days and we're glad to have another moderator on board! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Thanks, Jenny for joining the team!

    I'm one of the moderators on this board and my name is Julia. I've been a member since 2002 but lurked a while before that.

    I've been married 27 years and have been teaching homeschool for 20 years. We have one darling daughter and five wonderful, handsome sons. Three of our children are grown and now fully employed but all still live at home for now.

    I am a freelance writer by trade and have many interests and hobbies. American Girl is my sweetest interest though and I was super happy to find this board.

    All you board members make this THE best and most happening place to be. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Julia [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for all your hard work in the past, Bonnie!

    Jenny, welcome to moderating! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    And thanks to all of the moderators for all your hard work.

    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks and Welcome

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •